Subject: Re: DV format cameras
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 15:22:38 -0700

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, "Eric Gooch" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Don't hold your breath while waiting for 'straight-to-harddisk' 
>> capture. There aren't any cards yet that take the digital signal into 
>> the computer, and there may not be any yet this year.
>
>How would these new DV cameras differ from shooting with Betacam directly 
>to hard drive with the PVR?

	Always staying in the digital domain.  Practically, very little.  
However, for the quality, the threshold price is very attractive.  When the 
cameras get some good glass on the front end, I'll be a lot more excited.

	And Elliot was right:  seems there's some foot-dragging on the capture 
boards, plus the Panasonic DV(C?) cameras don't actually HAVE a 1394 compliant
output on the cams, I believe.  IOW, don't hold your breath.

>
>-Eric G.

******************************************************************************
** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation   **
** Welcome to Seattle!  Have a latte'!     | Technical Subjects a Specialty!**
** Don't make me force it down your throat.|     "OK!  Wind the frog!"      **